Gender Sensitization is one basic requirement for the normal development of an individual. Without being sensitive to the needs of a particular gender, an individual may refrain from understanding the opposite gender and in some acute cases even him or herself. The need for this sensitivity has been felt and realized through times immemorial and in almost all kinds of human existence, across the globe.
But somehow in the recent times, a much stronger need is felt and realized to talk and discuss about this sensitive topic both on a Personal and Professional front.
Particularly in a country like India, with the vast diversity existing in terms of its customs, traditions, rituals, social values, family beliefs and individual perception, the need for a More Systematic, Well Planned and More Professional Approach is desired to inculcate this sensitivity and primarily highlight the contribution of both the genders in creation and development of a well balanced society.
To overcome the various disparities existing in lieu of gender equality the following aspects have to be developed:
- Individuals need to be more open-minded, rational and unbiased in their thoughts and actions.
- There is an urgent need to shatter the load of our Orthodox Beliefs and Biased Values to accentuate the Progressive Existence of both the genders.
- Better reconciliation of work and private life for both women and men is essential to gender equality.
4. There is a need to provide steps to safeguard women’s safety and for men to be assured that such measures are not an indication of discrimination against the male population.
5. Training and awareness-raising in educational set- up, at workplace and in society can eliminate gender-based prejudice and thereby change stereotyped working cultures as regards to the roles and abilities of women and men, including attitude towards women in leadership positions.
6. Better knowledge and understanding of gender issues at all levels of society, including communication activities, role plays, dramas, documentaries, various other audio visual aids will raise awareness among both stakeholders and the general public.
7. Both the genders need to take stand at their own level, to support and promote the upliftment and wellness of their own and the opposite gender, so as to overcome any sort of differentiation or harassment.
Surely both the Genders are a Creation of Nature and equally essential for the Sustainable Development of any Society. Any sort of gap or inequality w.r.t. the survival rate, individual count, literacy, health, safety, respect and freedom will damage the sanctity and the authentication of human existence.
Based upon all the above mentioned facts a continual effort is being put in this direction of creating a more sensitive, vigilant and respectful society, by “The Transformers Value Creators”, the No. 1 Life Skills Training Organisation (in the Tricity of Chandigarh, Panchkula & Mohali), working at both Organisational & Institutional Level across PAN India & having trained and counseled 20000+ individuals from Toddlers to Professionals.
To practically achieve this mission of imparting maximum awareness, various Participative and Interactive Sessions on ‘Gender Sensitization’have been facilitated by the team ‘The Transformers’ for some of the most Vibrant and Dynamic Professionals from different parts of the country and at various locations across Pan India.
To make these kind of sessions all the more effective and to justify their importance, the participants were involved in various mimes, followed by discussion on various facts and myths related to various Gender Issues.
The topic is further authenticated through the use of specific and most relevant audio visual aids. All the Innovation used in presenting and narrating this sensitive topic actually proves to be an Eye-opener. In totality it is an Enjoyable & Practical Learning Experience for all the Elite Participants.